Rue La La is a new breed of e-commerce marketing partner for world-class brands. A leader in the online private sale space, Rue La La revolutionized online shopping for the world’s most desirable brands and the customers who have to have them. This is the invitation-only destination for a life of style. Where Members delight in discovering private sale Boutiques that open daily – and stay open only for a short time. A community where Members shape the experience – and enhance the excitement – by inviting their friends. A highly effective channel for brands in apparel, accessories, footwear, home, travel, wine, gourmet food, local services and more to meet and exceed business goals.
The company’s mission is to partner with these innovative and sought-after brands (currently over 800 of the best and counting), offering them a powerful online sales and marketing opportunity by introducing them to a highly motivated Member base and enabling them to move merchandise in a private selling environment. And Rue La La does so with one key mantra – it respects and maintains the core integrity of each and every brand with which they partner.
Rue La La is a privately held e-commerce and marketing services company. Headquartered in Boston, Rue La La continues to expand its presence in New York by building out merchandise, marketing and sales capabilities in its Bryant Park office. The company’s success is largely due to unmatched capabilities in customer experience, merchandising, technology, production and logistics. The culture is defined by the 800-plus Associates, who make it happen every day – people who love style, live for innovation, and share a commitment to exceeding Member and brand partner expectations.
Title: On-Call Photo Stylist( Shepherdsville, KY)
Purpose and Scope:
The On Call Photo Stylist will organize, prepare and style a wide range of merchandise to be photographed for an opportunistic bargain site and for various high-profile online marketing materials. This individual will formulate and maintain overall style and quality while managing daily production for maximum efficiency. This position currently reports to the Studio Manager.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Ever mindful of the customer experience, prepare and style merchandise providing as much product detail as possible while maintaining visual appeal.
- On set at all times unless prepping takes precedence, maintaining apparel styling for each shot and keeping a watchful eye on apparel as model moves and hair and make-up.
- Maintain set with photographer to organize workload for the day, to meet daily expectations and deadlines and to maximize efficiency
- Run pre-production and walkthroughs as necessary, gathering product in advance of shoot day, prepping when possible, and reviewing any purchase needs with Studio Manager.
- Shepherd and care for samples throughout the photo process maintaining vendor packaging, sku tags, apparel tags, cleaning make-up stains and noting any damage.
- Maintain a fully stocked kit at all times letting Studio Manager know of any special ordering needs.
- Report to Manager at end of shoot to receive schedule updates and review next day boutique readiness/assistant needs.
- Research new ideas and trends and propose innovative ideas to drive the business.
- Additional duties in the creative and production department as required.
- 2+ years styling experience freelance or for a production studio, preferably with an emphasis in fashion or soft home
- Experience with props and knowledge of styling techniques
- Understanding of digital photography, production studio pace and efficiency
- Background in art, design, fashion, merchandising or photography
- Strong communication skills and excellent ability to work with a wide variety of people
- Flexibility and patience with the ability to accommodate last minute additions to schedules and changes in direction
- Ability to work with a team to accomplish deadlines and production efficiency
- General interest in e-commerce and the desire to be a part of a building business
Rue La La - 10 months ago
If you're not feeling generally secure in your e-commerce initiatives, GSI Commerce aims to help. The company provides e-commerce...