Knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position.
- Acts as the main contact for the general public accessing college information
- Explains college regulations and procedures of concern to students including admission, graduation, degree requirements, etc.
- Explains and provides referral services including financial aid, career planning, and professional counseling
- Conducts campus tours for visitors and prospective students
Typical education or training required for this position (including licenses).
- Ability to demonstrate good reception and phone etiquette
- Ability to work under pressure
High School Diploma or GED
Length of time and type of experience required for this position.
Preferred knowledge, skills or abilities for this position.
Ability to listen to and address student concerns
Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete UA Employee Application on www.uakjobs.com
Special Conditions of Employment
NOTICE: Students must maintain enrollment and regular attendance for a minimum of at least 6 undergraduate credit hours or 6 graduate credit hours to be exempt from FICA (Social Security and Medicare) tax. A credit hour load below the minimum required for full-time student status will require
the withholding of FICA tax (non-resident aliens on an appropriate visa who meet student employment criteria will continue to be exempt from FICA regardless of credit hour load). While in a student position, a student cannot hold any other type of simultaneous employment with the university.
Describe any other special skills/knowledge required for this position (e.g. additional training, heavy lifting or traveling).