The incumbent in this position is responsible for generating new group business and developing and maintaining existing clientele as well as on-site management of each group; Responsibilities also include generating hotel and casino business by selling property facilities and services to potential clients.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all-inclusive for specific positions.)
1. Responsible to solicit and book new midweek business with emphasis on the tour and travel market.
2. Responsible for maintaining existing clients/groups as determined by Sales Director.
3. Write contracts and proposals following solicitation of customers to formally document oral agreements and terms.
4. Maintain communication with clients in order to ensure that signed contracts, deposits, credit applications, rooming lists and any other pertinent information is received and handled in a timely manner.
5. Manage and monitor group bookings to ensure that all group specifications are arranged in a timely manner and coordinated appropriately with other departments to ensure client satisfaction.
6. Meet and entertain prospective clients in order to influence potential clients to consider the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino for their groups.
7. Actively participate in local and national industry related activities on behalf of the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino.
8. Participate in trade shows and sales trips on behalf of the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino.
Must have ability to:
- Communicate effectively with outside contacts as well as all levels of employees.
- Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
- Prioritize workload.
Broad understanding of hotel group sales strategies and techniques required. Knowledge of casino industry and marketing helpful. Excellent communication and time management skills. This knowledge and these skills are typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, hotel management, or related field, or a minimum of three years of related sales experience, preferably in the hotel/resort industry.