Darigold is seeking a Plant Accountant to be a part of Darigold’s Bozeman team. The plant accountant will serve as a finance representative for the Issaquah plant, working closely with operations by providing various analytical support and data on a time sensitive basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities ( other duties may be assigned ):
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Assisting with the completion of month end close.
- Partner with various other plant departments in order to educate others regarding Darigold Policies and Procedures, while also ensuring compliance.
- Work with the plant controller to maintain the integrity of the GL in regards to GAAP.
- Responsible for inventory valuations and reconciliations.
- Responsible for production reporting and efficiency analysis.
- Partner with plant management staff on CI projects as a finance representative.
- Responsible for forecasting, reviewing and communicating plant spending while providing detail related to any variances to budget.
- Update, review and report on various daily / weekly / monthly key performance indicators.
- Provide relevant and timely information regarding actual material waste in all aspects of the manufacturing process. Report findings daily to plant management.
- Responsible for variance analysis of standards as compared to actual across all areas of the manufacturing process.
- Assist with new hire on boarding process.
- Maintain personnel files current.
- Assist with various key customer audits.
- Assist with the plant recruiting process.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Understanding of computer driven process controls for a manufacturing facility
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Adaptable with a high degree of initiative and flexibility
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong team player
- Strong cost and/or inventory control experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills, with experience in vlookups and pivot tables required.
- Experience with Oracle preferred.
- Accounting/Finance Degree or 2 to 4 years combined experience in accounting.
Darigold, Inc. - 19 months ago