The District Human Resource Specialist is responsible for supporting HR workforce strategies at the local level including providing local support for internal and external recruiting activities. This position is also responsible for being the initial point of contact to district associates to appropriate human resources practices and policies by functioning as the liaison between the Area HR Manager (AHRM) and the Business District Management team.
- The District HR Specialist serves as the initial point of contact for the District in pointing associates to and providing assistance with HR systems, tools, and processes designed for performance management, engagement, staffing and onboarding systems, compliance, and other HR-related initiatives or processes. Populates reports and coordinates follow-up communications, when appropriate to support the AHRM in driving to execution. (25%)
- The District HR Specialist also participates in activities that support the District's staffing plan by acting as the liaison between the Staffing Manager and Area HR Manager (AHRM) to provide local support for District, including using advertising templates to place local ads, following a checklist of activities such as local outreach, posting flyers at local parts houses, making logistical arrangements for job fairs and open houses, pulling together appropriate materials and schedules to support job fairs, and other activities in support of recruitment efforts (25%)
- The District HR Specialist may be asked to cascade communications, send out letters and materials, and support HR activities and initiatives at the district level in regard to company benefit programs, policies, compliance, safety and wellness, business initiatives, etc. (10%)
- The District HR Specialist will observe and report to the AHRM, as well as provide an initial point of contact to both managers and associates as appropriate with regard to questions or concerns about fair treatment, compliance with all Sears’ policies and applicable laws, as well as consistent and appropriate compliance with In-Home HR, Labor, and Business employee relations strategies (10%)
- The District HR Specialist assists the District management team on people related issues, especially dealing with performance management (PPI), working with Associate Services Organization (ASO)/Associate Service Center (ASC) regarding associate relations investigations, and staffing (15%)
- The District HR Specialist, under the guidance of the Area HR Manager and following company guidelines and processes, supports district compliance with regard to compensation practices (5%)
- The District HR Specialist works closely with the AHRM to refer managers and associates to company policies and to ensure that district follows company policy and applicable law with regard to employee investigations. This position provides local support to Associate Services Organization (ASO) or the Area HR Manager for investigations. The position ensures all compliance-related reporting and administrative responsibilities are met (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned (5%)
- May require limited travel within district to support recruitment activities as necessary
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...