Position Objective: Performs general manual labor tasks as directed throughout the entire facility.
Essential Functions: The Laborer, Grounds Maintenance maintains grounds of industrial, buildings and repairs structures and equipment. Removing snow from walks, driveways, roads, or parking lots, using shovel and snow blower, spreads salt on walkways and other areas, repairing and painting fences, gates, benches, tables, guardrails, and outbuildings. This Worker assists in repair of roads, walks, buildings, and mechanical equipment, and may clean comfort stations, offices workshop areas, and parking lots by sweeping, washing, mopping and polishing. This worker will also perform visual inspections on buildings and fixtures and will perform general repairs when necessary. This worker may from time-to-time operate government-owned motor vehicles to transport, tools, materials, and equipment as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Light maintenance tasks
- Grounds inspection and maintenance
- Facilities inspection and maintenance
- Snow removal
- Light mechanical repair
- Operate government-owned vehicles as needed
- Other duties as may be assigned
Job Experience Requirements:
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts/practices/procedures required to successfully accomplish such tasks
- Ability to use machinery to perform maintenance tasks
- Ability to communicate and understand the English language
- Must have one year of experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
Employee workplace performance will be evaluated based on the following:
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by this position.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in an accurate and timely manner
- Ability to communicate completion and/or complications of assigned tasks with Team GAPSI supervisors and client staff, and seek out guidance and instruction from supervisory personnel
- Ability to perform work in a manner consistent with all client and Team GAPSI policies and guidelines including, but not limited to Warehouse Safety, current Good Manufacturing Practices, Material Handling, Housekeeping
- Ability to follow all applicable client and Team GAPSI Standard Operating Procedures
GAP Solutions champions the missions of our Federal Government customers and delivers value through people, process, and solutions.