We are currently seeking a Full-time Nurse Practitioner to work at one of our client’s health and wellness centers in Newark, NJ !
Take Care Health Systems Employer Solutions ( www.takecareemployersolutions.com ), is the manager of worksite-based health and wellness services. We operate on-site employee health centers, pharmacies and fitness centers for many of the country’s largest corporations and federal agencies. The company combines best practices in healthcare and the expertise and personal care of our trusted community of providers to deliver access to high-quality, affordable and convenient healthcare.
Summary: In addition to the Essential Functions below, the qualified candidate will be responsible for seeing our client’s employees for acute and episodic illness/injury.
The health center is Monday-Friday, day shift.
While working at this employer site, you will have the ability to get to know your patients, while helping to improve their health status and taking care of their immediate health needs.
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of Physician
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients’ clinical problems and health care needs
- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition. Provides written home-going instructions
- Collaborates with Physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan as necessary
- Prescribes or recommends medications or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures
- Refers patients to Physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment
- Maintains medical records using (In some health centers it may be using Electronic Medical Record software)
- Educates and coaches nursing staff on best nursing practices
If you seek an exciting, new opportunity that offers a competitive salary, excellent benefit package and a great environment - bring your energy, enthusiasm and expertise to Take Care Health Systems.
Take Care Health Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of nice people! M/F/D/V
- Master's of Science in Nursing degree (MSN) required
- At least three years of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner in an ambulatory care, occupational health, family practice or emergency department setting
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner in the State of New Jersey
- Nationally Certified as a Family or Adult Nurse Practitioner through the ANCC or AANP
- Current Certification in Basic Life Support for health care providers, required
- Appropriate certification to write prescriptions under the authority of the Medical Leader, if allowed within state of practice
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations, preferred
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
Take Care Health - 2 years ago
At Take Care Health Systems we offer a more personalized, human approach to healthcare.
Our Take Care Clinics, conveniently located in...