LOCATION OF POSITION
DPSCS-Maryland Correctional Institution for Women; Jessup, MD (Anne Arundel County)
Main Purpose of Job
The prupose of the Correctional Maintenance Officer Manager position is to manage and control the long range as well as the day-to-day operations of a maintenance program in an individual correctional institution or the Pre-Release System.
1. Organization and management of the maintenance program
Supervises manitenance officers and supervisors
Manages staff or maintenance officers engages in maintenance and repair work in all trades
Develops and implements procedures for control and inventory of tools, equipment and supplies
Makes regular inspections of shop and work areas for safety, sanitation, security and trade standards compliance
2. Job development and cost estimation
Estimates the costs of materials, supplies, labor, etc. required for routine and emergency repairs
Approves and prepares specifications for the requisition of equipment, supplies, tools, materials and parts
3. Other related administrative and maintenance duties as directed.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Education: High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate acceptable to the Maryland State Board of Education as described in the Correctional Training Commission regulation.
Experience: Two years of experience involving the supervision of employees engaged in stationary engineering, maintenance or construction trades.
Note: The above educational requirement is set by the Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland. Some positions in this classification may require the operation of a motor vehicle for the transportation of inmates or supplies. Employees assigned such duties will be required to acquire the appropriate Maryland driver's license.
2. Some positions in this classification may require the operation, maintenance and cleaning of high-pressure boilers and equipment. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a valid Maryland First Grade Stationary Engineer license.
3. Employees who have not already done so must complete and successfully pass the Entrance Level Correctional Training Course required for the Maryland Correctional Training Commission certificate during the probationary period
1. Selection standards for correctional officer certification are established by the Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code. These selection criteria are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations Title 12, Subtitle 10, Chapter 01 and include the following:
Must be at least 21 years of age
A completed background investigation
2. Employees are subject to call-in 24 hours a day and, therefore, must provide the employing agency with a telephone number where they can be reached.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application (and on separate pages, if necessary) to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS
If no internet access, please amil application to:
MD Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services
Human Resources Services Division
6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 309
Baltimore, MD 21215
For more information, please call 410-585-3060.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
State of Maryland - 20 months ago