The primary job function for this position is to provide secondary incident management support for internal and external customers using ITIL-based practices and procedures to provide
best in class technical service support. This position has the potential of taking phone calls 60% of the day.
- Monitoring of electronic devices, radios and/or other hardware or software offerings as part of a managed service or data hosting customer agreement.
- Troubleshooting and sustaining/improving managed service RF and IP network capabilities through the use of various monitoring tools and applications.
- Receives and resolves incident requests from internal and external customer inquiries by providing support via the telephone, e-mail, etc.
- Works independently 70%+ of the time.
- Acts as escalation point for Service Desk Technician I group; responsible for knowledge transfer for escalated incidents back to Technician I group via training.
- Each shift (day, swing, night) will be responsible for communicating the Shift Brief documentation.
- Logs, accurately tracks and documents all incidents in call tracking database, CRM.
- Escalates incidents in accordance with the service desk procedures.
- Acts as communication nucleus for all of Customer Operations including after hours incident management responsibilities.
- Maintains individual education plan with goals to achieve.
- Represents Company in a positive, professional manner when working with both external and internal customers.
- Supports and adheres to Company’s Code of Conduct and Ethics Policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
• Associate's degree (A.A.) in electronics, computer science, or related field.
- Personal Computer knowledge
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Keyboard/typing skills
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
• A minimum of 2-3 years experience in customer service, technical support in related field, or utility industry. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be acceptable.
• Experience with the following software programs: Windows, Windows Server Environment, Microsoft Office, SQL Server, Oracle, UNIX, Sun Solaris or related programs.
• Experience with general PC hardware, communication devices, and/or networking.
• RF experience desirable.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently or with a team.
***POSITION CAN BE LOCATED IN EITHER PEQUOT LAKES, MINNESOTA OR LENEXA, KANSAS***
Landis+Gyr - 20 months ago