International company is seeking a Web Architect to join our team to help design and implement our next-generation of cloud-based telephony and call center services. This person will be part of the core team in our company’s new cloud services development center in the heart of the Triangle area and will design and help to implement a secure, scalable, fault-tolerant, cloud-based web architecture that will serve as the underpinning for a new generation of products and services.
As we build out and staff our new development center (centrally located in Morrisville near the airport), you’ll enjoy some of the perks you often dream of but rarely find in today’s job market, including:
This role won’t be right for just anyone. For this role, the right candidate will be:
- Challenging problems to solve
- A team of talented co-workers who can help you solve them
- Private offices for every team member
- Freedom to choose your own computing platform (OS, tools, etc.)
- Competitive salary/benefits
- A role in one of Forbes’ Top 10 Small Companies
- A stand-out developer. You are the person that everyone else is always asking for help/advice.
- A proven producer. You can give us a list of URLs that are big websites that you built to scale.
- Knowledgeable of existing technologies, passionate about new technologies, and experienced to know when to recommend which ones for which jobs.
- An effective generalist across technologies outside your specific domain of expertise, including databases, mobile apps, interfacing with legacy technologies, cross-browser support, etc.
- Set scalable and fault-tolerant architecture standards based on well-defined architectural principles
- Lead design and implementation of the components within your architecture and provide technical leadership and guidance to the rest of the development team
- Participate in team needs assessments, including developing job qualifications and performing technical interviews
- Taking ownership of components beginning to end, from design documents and reviews to acceptance testing and deployment
- 10+ years of software engineering experience, with 5 years in a senior or architect role
- Expert understanding of scalability/availability in web applications
- Reference-able architecture, design & implementation skills in most of the following areas: SOA, RESTful interfaces, tiered application development, SQL, NoSQL (CouchDB, MongoDB, Redis, etc.)
- Aware and conversant in the impacts of architectural and implementation decisions on security, scalability, flexibility, maintainability and reliability of large Web-based deployments
- Experience in Linux operating environments
- Experience in cloud-environments (AWS, OpenStack, etc., with an initial preference for AWS)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven and demonstrable experience architecting, designing & implementing web-scale, high volume, high availability systems
- Experience in enabling mobile platforms and design (iOS, Android, etc.) desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline is required. MS preferred.
Thanks for your interest.
Please contact Roger Hall at: 803-407-3799
Globalpundits Staff Augmentation provides the technical professionals: