PSI is building a roster of experienced GIS consultants to provide assistance to country platforms as needed. Being included in the roster does not guarantee contracts, as work will be assigned on demand. The consultants will be expected to have strong writing skills, outstanding analytical/interpretive abilities, experience in building the capacity of multicultural teams, and the ability to design guidelines for research studies. The consultants should have experience working with health providers in a developing country context. The consultancy will involve international travel and will require the flexibility to speak with PSI stakeholders in different time zones during their working hours.
Candidates must be based in a major international hub with strong telecommunications. This consultancy position reports to the Deputy Director of Research & Metrics.
Consultants will perform the following services for PSI:
o Review MAP design studies and summary reports
- Geospatial data acquisition, development, integration, analysis, visualization and display: Set up or update geographic reference databases for countries using GIS. This includes the collection and integration of relevant geographic information, and the installation or upgrade of ArcGIS or other GIS software
- Statistical spatial analysis, data management
- Data Assessment and Data Mining
- Assist research, development and editorial review of content for technical and non-technical reports, technical posters, presentations and web content development.
- Introduce mobile data collection technology (PDA / tablet / mobile phones) and provide training on the use of PDAs / tablets and on the design of mobile data collection forms for PSI staff.
- Coordinate implementation of availability studies through Project MAP (measuring access and performance) across PSI countries and partner organizations, including:
o Assist PSI researchers with the review of MAP studies and the design of MAP studies
o Assist with data analysis, mapping, and reporting of availability studies
o Facilitate trainings and provide technical assistance related to Project MAP: train research staff from country platforms on MAP data collection, analysis and reporting techniques (including spatial analysis and use of GPS if required); introduce PSI program staff to project MAP concepts
o Write or revise MAP support material (toolkit chapters, templates)
Job Description - Requirements
Please send a letter of interest and resume/CV to email@example.com with "Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Mapping, Data Management, Availability Studies Consultant" in the subject line.
- Education: BS/BA in Geography, Planning, Computer Science, Engineering, GIS, Geography, or related field.
- Years of Experience: 5 to 7
- Expert user of ERIS ArcGIS software suite, as well as other GIS software (including open source)
- Significant experience building relational databases and managing geospatial dataSignificant experience with capacity building with multicultural teams
- Knowledge of statistical and spatial analysis methods. Knowledge of SPSS or STATA highly desirable
- Displays exemplary positive behaviors for consistency, predictability and reliability at work to complete assignments and meet deadlines
No phone calls please.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals
regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
PSI is a non-profit organization that applies commercial tools to a social mission in order to achieve measurable health impact. Since 1970,...