Reference Code: 1300904
Newell Rubbermaid is a global marketer of consumer and commercial products that touch the lives of people where they live, work and play. We are committed to building consumer and commercial Brands That MatterTM while leveraging the benefits of being one company: shared expertise, operating efficiencies, and a culture of innovation. Our globally recognized brands include Sharpie, Paper Mate, DYMO, EXPO, Waterman, Parker, Rolodex, IRWIN, LENOX, Rubbermaid, Graco, Calphalon, Goody and Teutonia.
The Maintenance Supervisor provides the daily leadership and administrative support for equipment maintenance and repair activities of the Manufacturing and Packaging departments, to include care of the building and facilities. Supports the efforts of production by coordinating the technical and maintenance aspects of the production process to include: scheduling and distribution of work/assignments to maintenance personnel, securing and coordinating materials/equipment to achieve the most efficient utilization of machinery and labor hours.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manages, directs, and prioritizes maintenance and facilities tasks including resources using Micro-Main.
- Responsible for hiring, training, evaluating performance and disciplining maintenance employees.
- Maintains systems (Micro-Main) for monitoring and tracking service requests, preventive maintenance and compliance with safety and internal SEAL requirements.
- Regularly inspects machinery for safety issues, including, but not limited to non-functioning lights, ground and trip hazards, broken pieces, and exposed wiring.
- Ensures that schedules are met, and repair work meets quality standards.
- Maintain sufficient inventories of tools, repair parts and supplies in order to properly repair and maintain the equipment while adhering to budget.
- Keeps storage and shop areas in a neat, well-stocked, clean, organized manner, per department procedures.
- Ensures maintenance staff compliance with safety and environmental policies and supports PM and TPM programs. Certifies that all safety and environmental inspections are completed as scheduled.
- Promotes positive employee relations by communicating in a professional manner.
- Provides monthly reports regarding PM's scheduled vs. completed, downtime by machine and costs.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in a maintenance capacity. Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both in oral and written form, among different levels of the organization and have the ability to communicate with employees who use English as a second language.
- Must be organized, a team player and be committed to company goals, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to inspect maintenance work for completeness and thoroughness.
- Knowledgeable on OSHA safety requirements and environmental concerns.
- Must be computer literate. MS Office applications and Micro-Main preferred.
Physical Demands :
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work overtime as well as some irregular hours.
- Supervisors will be exposed to heavy machinery, noise and cutting fluids regularly.
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 pound may be necessary.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk throughout most of the work day.
- Must be able to kneel or crawl occasionally.
- Must be able to climb a ladder or stairs occasionally.
- Supervisors are required to use a computer throughout the day.
Newell Rubbermaid and its business units are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Newell Rubbermaid - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Newell Rubbermaid Inc., is a global marketer of consumer and commercial products with 2013 sales of $5.7 billion and a strong portfolio of...