Responsible for daily operations of all facility access points to include: Acute and Post Acute Inpatient, outpatient/Ancillary and Emergency registration areas. Managing cashiering and reception functions in addition to ensuring customer satisfaction, accomplishment of financial targets, supervision of staff, implementation of effective work flows, performance monitoring and improvement. Adheres to policies, procedures and regulations to ensure compliance and patient safety.
1) Maintain schedule of staffing for multiple work areas according to departmental and budgetary guidelines and requirements. 24 hour call to meet staffing needs system wide.
2) Maintain and adjust daily work flows in multiple areas according to priorities and needs of the organization and specific facilities.
3) Oversees registration process to ensure accuracy of registration data to include the MPI, financial payor requirements and patient demographics.
4) Perform all admitting, transferring and discharge function for patients including participation and collaboration in facility activities which involve customer access.
5) Identifies and implements Performance Improvement activities for the department through ongoing monitoring and reporting admission specific regulatory compliance initiatives.
6) Takes ownership of assignments, special projects, pilot programs; other duties as assigned or requested.
7) Communicates and listens effectively with internal and external customers; effectively understands instructions and shares knowledge.
8) Cooperates and interacts with supervisors, peers, other departments and all customer groups demonstrating our commitment to â€œserviceâ€.
9) Meets Budget (Operating & Capital) for assigned areas.
10) Mentors, coaches, develop subordinates to accomplish goals.
11) Develops policies, processes, strategies and goals that support Department/Corporation direction.
Minimum: High School Diploma/GED equivalent
Desired: 2 years post High School education or business school
Medical Terminology, MS Project
Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; working knowledge of Computer Programs; ability to maintain a motivating and learning work environment; ability to identify best practices and develop collaborative support within multiple management teams, consistently maintain a high degree of professionalism, accuracy and compliance
2 years admission or business services in a hospital setting with 1 year management experience
3 years management experience in healthcare setting
Lovelace Health System - 15 months ago