We are currently seeking qualified Senior Electrical Construction Estimator candidates for our Lenexa or Lawrence offices.
Summary and Nature of the Work:
The incumbent of this position is responsible for planning, coordinating, and supervising electrical estimating functions. The incumbent directly contributes to the success of the company by working with the Marketing and Sales Department to win awards and to build and sustain relationships with clients.
Essential Duties :
- Leads the estimators and other staff assigned to his or her estimating team; manages their work assignments, performance and resources; and coordinates their training.
- Works with the Marketing Department to review market potential and possibilities for bids which fit the company’s strategic goals.
- Participates in pre-bid meetings and bid strategy meetings when requested.
- Promotes the company’s capabilities and expertise when dealing directly with key decision makers in the owner or general contracting companies.
- Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists.
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work; preparing bids; selecting vendors or subcontractors; and determining cost effectiveness.
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Interfaces with other individuals in the organization to obtain support and commitment to the cost estimates.
- Organizes and manages a centralized cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilized.
- Analyzes completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies.
- Provides improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
- Identifies cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts.
- Exercises initiative or, as required, performs additional duties to meet the needs of the organization.
Candidates must have the following education, skills and abilities to be qualified for this position.
About our company
- Education and Certifications: Bachelor’s degree (BS) in construction management, or ten years of related electrical trade experience and/or electrical training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. A high school diploma or GED equivalent is required. LEED Certification is preferred but not required.
- Experience: Ten or more years of electrical construction estimating experience is required. Industrial, Healthcare, Critical Power, Government and Heavy Commercial experience is a plus.
- Specialty Computer Skills: The incumbent must be fluent with Accubid.
- Computer Skills: The incumbent must have accurate typing skills and be proficient in using database, email, internet, spreadsheet, and word processing applications: specifically Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Windows); willing to learn new software applications.
- Data and Information Management : must be able to collect, organize, sort, store, and retrieve electronic files and paper documents.
- Interpersonal Skills - focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Language Skills: Proficient in English language with the following skills:
- Reading and Comprehension : able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; to edit reports, instructions to employees, and basic business correspondence; and to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, internal customers, and vendors.
- Oral Communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings; is able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, especially with foremen and project managers; and effectively presents information and respond to questions from groups of managers, internal customers, and vendors., technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Written communication - writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information; and writes reports, instructions to employees, and basic business correspondence.
- Mathematical Skills: The incumbent must be able to use general business mathematics skills and engineering and design mathematics skills.
- Problem Solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Time Management : must be able to respond to others’ priorities and adjust his/her workload accordingly; able to prioritize his/her own work when there is no specific guidance from others.
Since 1919, P1 Group, Inc. has created a proud tradition, outstanding reputation and proven performance record in the electrical and mechanical construction and building service industries. P1 Group has established itself as one of the premier contractors both locally and across the nation. Offering a challenging and fast-paced work environment, P1 Group takes pride in its ability to maintain a high standard of excellence along with an ethical and friendly business culture. Additionally, the safety program, which includes a full-time staff, has helped the company win numerous national safety awards.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a competitive salary and benefit package.
P1 Group, Inc. - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard