Sallie Mae (NASDAQ: SLM) is the nation's No. 1 financial services company specializing in education. Whether college is a long way off or just around the corner, Sallie Mae helps turn education dreams into reality for 25 million customers. With products and services that include college savings programs, scholarship search tools, education loans, insurance, and online banking, Sallie Mae offers solutions that help families save, plan, and pay for college. Sallie Mae also provides financial services to hundreds of college campuses as well as to federal and state governments.
The Call Center Vendor Manager is responsible for the ongoing development and maintenance of call center vendors working with Campus Solutions. This role is accountable for all activities related to management of Campus Solutions vendor relationships. Oversight will include the management of all hiring plans, staffing recommendations, adherence to the Campus Solutions call center budget, development and execution of call center training, oversight of all off shore call center activities, management of all call center metrics, vendor problem management and issue resolution of both school and student/family issues. The call center vendor manager is responsible for the overall satisfaction of all school and family clients while ensuring the achievement of all expense management.
1. Vendor Management
a. Oversee and manage all relationship activities with call center vendors
b. Monitor staffing and capacity plans to insure that all service metrics are being met by the vendor
c. Develop, provide and deliver all call center volume projections to the vendor in accordance with the agreed statement of work
d. Track all vendor related production and training costs for accuracy and budgetary requirements
e. Conduct remote call monitoring to verify all compliance and regulatory guidelines are being met by call center agents and supervision
f. Provide escalation call management support for all call centers including school front line and student and family call centers
2. Offshoring Call Management
a. Oversee and manage all off shore call related activity for Campus Solution's clients including staffing, forecasting and reporting of all service metrics
c. Track and monitor all off shore related call center services costs to be sure they are in agreement with the Campus Solution's budget
d. Act as the offshore liaison for all off shore related call center issues and concerns from all clients.
3. Training Management
Oversee the Campus Solution's training program as it relates to the student family as well as school contract center.
Develop and insure delivery of all training material for new Campus Solution's products as well as enhancements to the current suite of products
Oversee the management and development of the Sallie Mae Knowledge Share for usability and accuracy in relation to all contact center training.
4. Call Management
a. Identify and implement ways to effectively reduce inbound call volume
b. Develop and implement an enhanced toll free number strategy for high call volume clients
c. Review and create ways to increase the service experience for all contact centers
d. Identify and champion self-service initiatives to help increase client satisfaction and drive down inbound call volume
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- Five to seven years experience in sales or service organization with at least three years of management experience
- Experience working independently, managing a multi-project workload
- Experience communicating effectively (verbally and in writing) with diverse personalities and with various levels of decision makers
- Experience in problem solving and independently making decisions according to company policies and procedures
- Demonstrate initiative and drive and can work well under pressure/against deadlines
- Experience in conducting workshops/ trainings
Sallie Mae is a federal government contractor. Should this position support a government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to establish standards to ensure projects are adequately estimated, controlled, tracked, and managed
- Strong knowledge of business environment
- Ability to effectively represent Sallie Mae to representatives of outside organizations
- Strong interpersonal skills required for a team environment
- Strong written and oral skills
- Strong teambuilding skills
Navient - 20 months ago
Sallie Mae, founded 28 years ago, provides funds for educational loans, primarily federally guaranteed student loans originated under the...