This position is primarily responsible for applying the principals of accounting and bookkeeping to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports while performing the following duties.
Essential Accounting Functions
Office Management Functions:
- Performs routine accounting activities such as maintenance of payables and receivables.
- Check figures, postings and accounting documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper coding.
- Access computerized financial information to answer general questions as well as those related to specific accounts.
- Comply with federal, company policies, procedures, and regulations. Responsible for EDC compliance and reporting as required.
- Compile financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable, receivables and profits and losses.
- Accurately code accounting documents according to company procedures.
- Prepare purchase orders and expense reports.
- Payroll processing for location including; process payroll deductions, garnishments, levy’s etc. as required by applicable law.
- Act as company’s retirement plan administrator, processing payments, rollover documents, reporting and provide accurate information for ERISA reporting.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts such as general ledger accounts documenting business transactions.
- Distributes expenditure, encumbrances, receipts, and receivables according to schedules.
- Performs statistical analyses to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes and writes narrative reports explaining findings.
- Audits contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
- Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Reviews and investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries documents and reports.
- Collection appropriate data and prepares federal tax reports and business tax returns; 941 and payroll tax fililngs.
- Conducts studies and submits recommendations for improving the organizations accounting operation.
This position shall also serve as back up to the Office Manager performing the following functions when required or necessary:
- Performs general office duties such as filing, answering phones and handling routine correspondence.
- Prepare and collect all new hire and benefit paperwork and processing of all paperwork following the company’s new hire process.
- Job posting for all open positions for the company as directed by company’s. management
– Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Mathematical Skills
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
Partners VI, LLC
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Problem Solving
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in a group problem solving situations.
- Critical Thinking
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Project Management
– Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
Experience and Education:
- Oral Communication
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; Listens gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication
: Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively
- Speech Clarity
- The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Speech Recognition - The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
Essential Computer Software/Hardware:
- BS/BA degree required; Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years solid working experience in accounting or finance
- Meticulous documentation skills.
Mid-tier Accounting Software (MAS experience a super plus!)
Advanced Microsoft software; Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit; use hand to finger, handle, feel or talk or hear; Frequently required to reach with hands and arms. Occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs and occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
Specific vision abilities include; close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision depth perception and ability to sit in front of computer monitor for long periods of time.
Work environment noise; moderate noise level daily in an office atmosphere.