At Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island (BCBSRI), diversity and inclusion are central to our core values and strengthen our ability to meet the challenges of today's healthcare industry. BCBSRI is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Develop formal project plans and monitor progress against plans to ensure time and cost effectiveness. Identify stakeholders, interdependencies, risks and associated actions to ensure project effectiveness. Coordinate actions, timelines, and projects plans and lead the implementation projects across the assigned functional unit. Provide direction to project teams. Create and foster communication among team members and anticipate and achieve problem resolution.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (nature and scope of position, maximum of 10):
- Provide project management for the assigned projects and ensure the integration of numerous multi-disciplinary work streams spanning across the entire enterprise in support of long-term strategy. Develop project plans and lead projects to ensure cost and time effectiveness.
- Drive project effectiveness, ensuring milestones, communication, corrective action and contingencies are managed effectively.
- Provide unbiased independent assessment, reporting, and consultation regarding the implementation of critical initiatives.
- Develop accurate and timely summaries for executive management that provide consolidated, clear, and concise assessments implementation status.
- Proactively provide consultation and guidance to business leads of strategic initiatives in areas of prioritization, resource allocation, conflict resolution, and staffing, and overall implementation path.
- Facilitate opportunities for shared knowledge, resources, and better integration between distinct projects and initiatives via thorough understanding of individual project critical paths.
- Assist initiative leadership in developing timelines, milestones, and success metrics for distinct projects.
- Support strategic planning activities with strategic planning office, management, and business units via thorough understanding of the strategy and business environments.
- Support budget allocation process through ongoing financial tracking reports.
- Manage cross-functional leadership teams to successful execution.
- Collaborate with business owners to develop divisional business plans that support the overall strategic direction.
- Participate in department initiatives and projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Preferred Education, Additional Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three to five years project management experience
- Experience developing and implementing project methodologists and standards
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Strong project management skills, including methodologies, processes, and tools
- Able to develop and execute project plans
- Comfort with high-degrees of ambiguity and changing environments.
- Willingness to provide unbiased views and challenge assumptions made by others.
- Assess, interpret, and articulate relational impacts amongst multiple projects and initiatives are critical to the success of this position.
- Serve in a consultative role to leadership throughout the company, helping them to identify barriers, risks, dependencies, and impacts across a portfolio of long-term, strategic provider initiatives.
- Advanced analytical skills, with the ability to interpret and synthesize complex data sets
- Good business acumen and political savvy
- Knowledge of business process improvement techniques and strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
- Decision-making skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to interface with employees at all levels
- Ability to effectively navigate ambiguous situations with limited direction
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to successfully prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to handle multiple priorities/projects
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island - 2 years ago