Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Teller position is responsible for the tactical initiatives of DSFCU as they relate to building member primary relationships, providing world-class service and achieving branch goals.
Continually improve financial center and operational performance while remaining committed to the credit union's core values ("The Big 4") of member solutions, employee satisfaction, community involvement, and financial results.
Promote and build positive relationships with members and explore solutions to their financial needs. Build positive relationships with other DSFCU lines of business by interacting with other business units. Demonstrate effective communication with all internal and external business partners while effectively communicating upwards and across the organization.
Provide methods to resolve member problems, complaints and dissatisfaction. Apply approved processes to ensure branch security is in alignment with credit union policies and in compliance with state and federal regulations. Reports to Assistant Branch Manager and/or Branch Manager, Branch Operations.
- Deliver outstanding service to our members
- Build member loyalty by processing member transactions, accurately and efficiently
- Provide methods to grow business organically by identifying opportunities to deepen member relationships (versus single product/service sales)
- Provide methods to grow business non organically by identifying opportunities to match value added products and services to nonmembers
- Display intensity, excitement and optimism of team and members.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualified candidates must have cash handling experience in a sales/service role within the financial services industry or other types of retail businesses. The candidate must be someone who is recognized as a high energy, flexible individual who consistently exceeds goals. This person must also have knowledge of how the financial markets impact the financial services industry and excel at representing credit union products. Minimal travel amongst branches may be required.
Team Performance Skills:
- Demonstrated performance as a successful team player.
- Effective interpersonal skills including the ability to meet sales and service standards.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment under time constraints when necessary.
- Promotes the credit union difference.
- Promotes a strong team spirit.
- Constantly strives to achieve stretched performance standards.
- Support the use of technology, processes and communication to improve efficiency.
- Ability to sustain changes.
Financial and/or Retail Experience:
- Must be an effective communicator.
- Working well with a variety of personalities and having the ability to appropriately adapt communication style to achieve results and promote positive relationships.
- Demonstrated cash management success.
- Problem solving skills.
- Has the ability to establish credibility quickly with peers and members.
- Proven cash handling skills and ability to drive results through effective referrals of products and services to members.
- Must be able to display flexibility and adapt in a rapidly changing retail branch environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of retail operation skills.
- Knowledge of a wide range of consumer and business products including savings, checking, home equity, mortgage, investments, insurance and ancillary products and services.
- Knowledge of consumer and business financial industry concepts, products, policies, and regulations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must also have open availability and the flexibility to travel amongst several different branches.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)preferred; However, equivalent experience may substitute as appropriate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Outlook Contact Management systems; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Desert Schools Federal Credit Union - 17 months ago
One of the largest credit unions in Arizona, Desert Schools Federal Credit Union operates more than 50 locations in the Phoenix area,...