HOME CARE SPEECH THERAPIST
- Provides patient care services along with direct treatment and follow-up.
- Evaluates and treats patients with a physician's order due to a speech, language, swallow, or cognitive disorder, and develops a plan of care appropriate to the patient's diagnosis.
- Documents patient care data accurately, thoroughly, and in a timely matter, reflecting evidence of improvement/progress/decline in patient's condition.
- Communicates as necessary with intercompany and intracompany contacts, and establishes/maintains open lines of communication among branch administrative and management staff, and other clinical staff.
- Attends patient care conferences, meetings, and mandatory in-services as scheduled, and provide weekly statistical data.
- Provides in-service education, health care professional education, and public education in addition to supervising peers and supporting personnel and students in training as needed by the company.
- Conducts research and assists with orientation of new employees as needed.
Visit www.libertyhomecare.com for more information.
- Requires a master's degree in speech language pathology and Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech and Hearing Association, as well as current licensure from the state in which employed by the company.
- Prefer two years of clinical experience; but will consider qualified Clinical Fellowship Year (CFY) candidates.
- Requires a strong knowledge of theory and concepts relating to the practice of speech language pathology and the ability to evaluate and treat patients for whom a physician's order exists.
- Requires the ability to move from a vehicle to a patient's residence with therapy patient materials and lifting small children during a therapy session.
- Must possess strong communication (oral and written) and organizational skills and be CPR certified.
- Minimum of twelve hours of continuing education annually.
- Must accept travel and working conditions as assigned.
Background checks/drug-free workplace.
Apply here or send resume to:
Liberty Home Care & Hospice
Attn: Human Resources
2334 South 41st Street
Wilmington, NC 28403
Liberty Healthcare Companies
- 2 years ago - save job
We believe our employees make our company and we make every effort to treat them well. Yes, we offer competitive compensation and benefits...