BSA LifeStructures, a well-established and leading healthcare, higher education and research A/E firm is seeking a Senior Interior Designer for our Chicago location. Visit our website at http://www.bsalifestructures.com to learn more about BSA LifeStructures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for creating, planning, and managing interior design projects.
Develop an optimal design solution for the project that meets the client’s needs and represents the company’s standard quality of design. Present design solutions to the client.
Manage all aspects associated with projects including proposals, exhibits, contracts, project budget, and profitability.
Maintain constant professional communications with client, project team, and consultants.
Develop a schedule of integrated tasks required to accomplish individual projects. Monitor progress towards the deliverable schedule.
Document projects via construction documents and specifications effectively, and in accordance with established design standards as well as those set form by official governing agencies.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
Promote company’s reputation through good client relations.
Continue to develop design skills and pursue opportunities for continued education on topics related to the field of Interior Design.
Mentoring and/or sharing interior design knowledge with others in the firm.
May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Critical Skills and Abilities:
1. Effective communication skills: Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; reads and interprets complex information; listens well.
2. High accuracy and attention to detail: Able to perform work and job function with precision and accuracy; realizes errors can have significant impact on desired results and is able to avoid errors in almost all circumstances; carefully monitors processes; concentrates on details and organizes and maintains a system of records.
3. Demonstrates leadership skills: Able to assume a role of authority, as necessary; sets and example for coworkers; delegates responsibility as appropriate.
4. Strategic thinking skills: Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understand orgabnization's strenghts and weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies externath threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
5. Design: Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and informatin into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
6. Computer skills required:
- Microsoft Windows environment
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, Project
- Deltek Vision
- 3-D Cadd experience preferred
- Revit experience preferred
- Bachelors Degree in Interior Design required.
- NCIDQ Certification required.
- 10 to 12 years experience in the related field. Experience in healthcare, higher education, and laboratory design preferred.