The Technical Writer produces accurate and concise documentation that helps end-users learn about and harness the capabilities of the AppNexus Platform. Documenting a given feature involves concept descriptions, how-tos, screen references, tutorials/examples, UI texts, error messages and reference documentation for the APIs underpinning the product.
Our planning and development process is agile, collaborative and dynamic, so this role is perfect for someone who is excited to proactively collaborate across departments (Product, User Experience, Engineering, Services), impact the product’s clarity and success from inception to release, track and own multiple tasks and information sources and work in an environment where technical writing and open communication are valued highly.
- Research, plan and write wiki-based documentation for end-user and developer audiences.
- Gather information from diverse sources (engineers, subject-matter experts, product specifications, etc.) and work with a wide variety of personalities.
- Compose user interface texts and error messages for optimal product usability.
- Follow existing style guides without losing sight of the big picture and understandability.
- Test documentation against the product to ensure completion and accuracy.
- Sharp writing skills. We are focused on efficiency, accuracy and clarity.
- Interest in learning new, complex technology and using basic command-line tools.
- Comfort in a rapid, scrum-based software development cycle in a Web 2.0 company.
- Ability to handle multiple projects while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Familiarity with online advertising and/or the advertising technology industry would be a plus
- 4+ years of technical writing experience.
AppNexus is a world-class ad technology company, and one of the hottest young companies in New York City (Silicon Alley Insider, amNY). Our...