Printpack, Inc is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Research Engineer II or III . This position will be located in Atlanta and will report to the Manager, Research & Technology.
Travel of 25-40%, including international travel
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in packaging, chemistry, engineering is required
- A master’s degree or higher is preferred
- 3-8 years of research and development experience in polymeric food packaging, retort lamination experience highly preferred.
- Lead complex research and development projects for new technologies from initial screening through commercialization (e.g. packaging for retort, aseptic, and/or other food sterilization processes)
- Effectively manage or support multiple projects while working with various cross-functional teams from different Printpack businesses and functional areas
- Effectively lead and facilitate technology transfer between Printpack’s divisions and from outside technology partners.
- Proactively identify project candidates that are aligned with the unmet or emerging needs of Printpack’s platform products and markets, and effectively communicate these findings to technical and commercial leadership
- Identify, research and assess impact of intellectual property landscape as it pertains to Printpack technology development
- Effectively mentor and assist in the development of other research engineers on the team
- Information Gathering
- Problem Analysis
- Management Control
- Written Communication Skills/Oral Communication Skills
- Technical Skill and Competence
- Commercial Orientation
- Cross Functional Awareness
- Concern for Excellence
- Customer Service Orientation
Printpack Inc - 17 months ago