Technology is at the forefront of delivering the magic and enabling the unparalleled vacation experience that makes Walt Disney Parks & Resorts the most visited tourist destinations. The Global Business Technology Strategy (GBTS) team combines custom technology solutions with creativity to produce robust applications that enhance all aspects of the guest experience. From one of the most sophisticated hotel reservation systems in the world to Disney Cruise Line shipboard systems, Disney Vacation Club member services, FastPass ticketing, PhotoPass, and even inventory applications to ensure we have the right number of Cast costumes.
GBTS seeks forward-thinking team members who are passionate about delivering a quality product and enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges.
The Technical Support Analyst, Sustainment Support, will be responsible for the Operations Management of the Point of Sale production systems supporting the Food & Beverage and Merchandise Lines of Business. They will have the opportunity to work closely with Point of Sale (POS) Management and other technical team members for the support and operations of GBTS services on a segment wide (Walt Disney World & Disneyland Resort) scale. They will also be responsible for and will use their keen understanding and focus on the following areas: POS hardware configurations and peripherals, proven knowledge and experience working with Windows OS, networking and security, troubleshooting POS hardware, hardware/configuration automation scripting and software. The position also requires performing 24/7 on-call support on a rotating basis.
The position requires performing 24/7 on-call support on a rotating basis.
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7 Embedded OS
- Excellent knowledge and use of Command line prompts
- Strong Network/Wireless and TCP/IP skills
- POS / PC hardware experience including serial communications.
- Must be able to work with suppliers and vendors to help troubleshoot and resolve system level issues
- A+ Certification
- Demonstrable scripting skills with VB script, PowerShell, and Windows command files
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows O/S
- Demonstrated computer proficiency within a Windows environment
- Demonstrated strong partnering skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Comfortable in a fast paced and demanding environment, able to prioritize and work independently
- Working knowledge of sql 2008 and sql command lines
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows 7 Embedded OS
- LANDesk Management Suite
- ITIL Foundations
- Associate’s degree or equivalent in IT related experience
©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.
Disney - 11 months ago