3M HIS Junior Perl Engineer (scripting language) - Bethesda, MD-1211237
Organization : Health Care Business Group
Primary Location: USA Region-United States-Maryland-Bethesda
Job Type: Experienced
3M HIS Client Implementation Engineer - Bethesda, MD
For more than 100 years, 3M has been a company that delivers both sustainable growth and consistent results. Today is no exception. We are making great progress toward inventing a new future for 3M - a future of faster growth and increased competitiveness, while continuing to deliver superior results.
3M Health Information Systems, Inc., is the leader in providing healthcare funding and performance management solutions. With more than 5,000 customers, 3M Health Information Systems enables healthcare providers to enhance operations, shorten revenue cycle times, improve patient care and achieve an electronic health record solution.
Perl engineer who is capable of working in a fast paced environment, able to solve problems, perform research, do trial and error. Responsibilities include:
- Provide technical software implementation for client solutions
- Analyze data for information extraction and technical issue resolution
- Analyze client configuration for technical issues, and provide solutions
- Understand and work with diverse data feeds such as unstructured text documents, HL7, CSV, XML and others
- Understand issues, specific client configurations and the product both functionally and technically
- Work collaboratively with client facing team members.
- Provide technical guidance on solution options
- Meet deadlines for client specific implementation needs
- Keep up-to-date with all new features, functions, business issues and implementation options
- Contribute to the evolutionary growth of implementation infrastructure by developing and/or updating material, tools and programs
- Deliver implementations in a fast-paced environment with short timelines
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 1+ year experience programming with Perl
- Minimum 1+ year experience programming in a Linux/Unix environment
- Minimum 1+ combined year(s) experience working with SHELL, PERL, PYTHON, XML, XSLT, CSS and/or SVN
- Team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, and a commitment to quality work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational and documentation skills
- Must be a self-starter; ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Knowledge of healthcare industry entities, relationships and terminology highly desirable
- Must be able to work onsite at our Bethesda location.
- Familiarity with SHELL, PERL, PYTHON, XML, XSLT, CSS, SVN
- Knowledge of "Regular Expressions"
This position is a 3M HIS position and is therefore not a 3M benefited position. The position is subject to the benefit package under 3M HIS benefits program. Details will be shared with you at the time of interview with the hiring manager.
No relocation available
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M.
3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
3M - 12 months ago
At 3M, we pair imaginative thinking with science-based technology to create globally-renowned products. We lead scores of markets: health...