This position provides direction in the management, leadership and decision-making for the Accounts Payable unit while orchestrating the appropriate disbursements of approximately $250 million annually. This position must ensure the timely issuance of all university disbursements in accordance with American University policies and all regulatory requirements. This position will also ensure the implementation of best practices, process improvements and continuous improvement.
A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business is required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of increasingly responsible experience in an accounts payable or similar environment
- Demonstrated progression in supervisory or management role by providing leadership, guidance, and training to staff
- Applied knowledge of GAAP
- Strong financial analytical and problem solving skills and excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience with implementing best practices, change management and process improvement
- Experience developing metrics to montior unit efficiency
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service to interact regularly with university staff and vendors
The successful completion of a pre-employment background check is required.
American University - 2 years ago