Owned by the world’s leading learning company, our client is looking to add a Senior Database Administrator to join their startup like team. The company has created a comprehensive cloud-based solution for learning Business English and is aimed at bringing productivity and efficiency to the increasingly globalized economy. Through a customized suite, designed to improve productivity and performance, this enterprise solution is geared towards developing language proficiency and business efficiency. This incoming team member will play an instrumental role in defining, maintaining, performance tuning, capacity planning, problem resolution and software upgrades of the relational database management systems.
Headquartered in Brisbane, your clients will include several Fortune 500 corporations. This company has the cultural feel of a startup and the stability of a world leading corporation. Compensation is very competitive with full benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage and 401k match).
- Strong knowledge of database technologies and ensuring operational reliability, integrity, and performance of production databases
- Previous experience in database modeling, data services design, and implementation
- 8+ years of hands-on Microsoft SQL Server database experience in a consumer facing, enterprise based background
- Experience supporting SQL server and MySQL for web applications
- Knowledge of Amazon Web services and/or Microsoft Windows Azure cloud platform preferred
San Francisco, Brisbane, Oakland, San Mateo, Berkeley, Bay Area, California, DBA, database administrator, SQL Server, MySQL