THIS POSITION IS PENDING CONTRACT AWARD
Manages strategic telecommunication sites across the USACE Northwestern Division; supervises and provides direction and leadership to district managers and site leads; manages a diverse workforce from recruitment to demobilization; oversees the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) effort of voice and data communication systems and associated logistics chain activities. Responsible for the facilitation, optimization, and protection of the enterprise, direct liaison between the contract and the primary government customers. Reports to the Program Manager and functions independently.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Provides region-wide oversight and is ultimately responsible to the Program Manager on personnel and equipment matters.
2. Guides and mentors leaders and employees with varying professional and skill level.
3. Directly responsible for O&M of geographically separated communication sites.
4. Performs staffing and recruitment actions.
5. Develops applicable policies and procedures.
6. Coordinates with supporting agencies to include the Program Management Office, Quality Control, and Human Resources.
7. Acts as primary investigator/researcher in the event of property loss and customer and employee complaints.
8. Responsible for staffing levels and projecting future requirements.
9. Coordinates directly with the government customer to facilitate mission support.
10. Ensures contractual obligations are being fulfilled per the Performance Work Statement (PWS).
11. Ensures best practices are applied consistently and within compliance of Government and contractual standards.
12. Responsible for employee safety and health.
13. Advises customer on technical solutions and network troubleshooting.
14. Remains current on network status and briefs senior government officials and members of the Program Management Office.
15. Monitors administrative work to ensure products are accurate and correct.
16. Performs other duties as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal computer and other general office equipment
Work is generally conducted in an office environment and at project work areas. Up to 25% travel throughout the Division area.
Work may require stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical dangers and chemical or hazardous agents.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a related field. ITIL Foundation Certification preferred. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is desired. Lean Six Sigma certification (Green/Black belt) is a plus. Must be a U.S. citizen with a SECRET clearance.
Minimum 10 years’ experience in telecommunications industry in positions of increasing responsibility. Previous IT support management in a network enterprise program of similar scope and size is greatly preferred. Management of multiple sites across a large geographic area highly desired.
Must possess excellent computer, interpersonal, personnel management, and oral and written communication skills.
Manages all operations functions and logistics support across the Division. Directly responsible to the PM for managing the overall budget of the Division.
Clearance Level Required at Start Date
ITT Exelis - 13 months ago