Life Cycle Engineering
Life Cycle Engineering provides consulting, engineering, applied technology and education solutions that deliver lasting results for private industry, public entities, government organizations and the military. The quality, expertise and dedication of our employees enables Life Cycle Engineering to serve as a trusted resource for reliability consulting and services, net-centric solutions, engineering and technical services, integrated logistics support services, program support services and education. www.LCE.com
BEST PLACES TO WORK IN SOUTH CAROLINA – 7 YEARS RUNNING!
OUTSTANDING EMPLOYEE-CENTRIC CULTURE
Currently, LCE is seeking a Software Architect/Product Owner at our Charleston, SC office. Please find the position details below and additional details about our company, culture and benefits at the bottom of this post.
SOFTWARE ARCHITECT/PRODUCT OWNER
The candidate will use a test-driven, Agile Software Development Methodology to design and guide the development, validation and documentation of enterprise software applications that meet defined requirements. Product Owner/Requirements Analyst manages the execution of the development team and ensures that architecture standards and direction are followed in building the enterprise application components required.
Examples of Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain/maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
- Must achieve DoD 8570 Compliance within 90 days of employment (Security+, Linux+)
Required Skills & Experience
- Research and identify 3 rd party architectures, products, tools and frameworks that can be leveraged to create solutions that best meet technical and functional requirements.
- Analyze risk and report problems in meeting technical and functional requirements.
- Lead efforts to analyze alternatives, develop proofs-of-concepts, and document results (including engineering notes, issues and lessons learned).
- Assess the performance and scalability of prototypes and solutions.
- Use industry standards and best practices to create and validate software architectures that best support customer requirements.
- Document architectural designs in ways that clearly describe solutions (blueprints, Unified Modeling Language diagrams, etc.).
- Oversee the development, validation and documentation of software implementations.
- Participate in the review of software designs, implementations and documentation.
- Ensure that security and quality assurance best practices are followed throughout the entire software development life cycle.
- Oversee the deployment of solutions to integration and test environments.
- Support the needs of an Agile Software Development Team.
- Identifies and defines key software components.
- Collaborates with the Chief Architect to define and implement architecture patterns and standards to be implemented.
- Documents the key components and designs to be built.
- Reviews the work being performed by the development team including code reviews, design reviews, and general oversight of the team’s performance at the individual level.
- Builds the team backlog with input and requirements from customer and the development teams.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/related field of study or comparable experience.
- Expertise with core Java, Java Web Applications, Service-Oriented Architectures, Event Driven Architectures, and associated standards, technologies and tools.
- Knowledge of enterprise integration patterns and software application design patterns.
- Expert problem solving skills
- Advanced understanding of fundamental data structures, object-oriented analysis and design principles, algorithm design/optimization and complexity analysis.
- Practical knowledge of Java application servers (JBoss, Tomcat, etc.).
- Java web service and Service Oriented Architecture development skills/understanding.
- Proficient with Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to describe technical implementations.
- Organize work activities to ensure timely completion of assigned responsibilities.
- Create/describe work activity estimates, progress and issues.
- Motivated, self-starter.
- Desire to learn.
- Foster positive work relationships with customers, co-workers and visitors.
Experience with any of the following processes, tools and technologies:
- Agile Software Development Process
- Test Driven Development
- Continuous Test and Integration (Hudson, Jenkins, JUnit, etc.)
- Experience with user interface technologies like Flex, HTML
- Enterprise Service Bus
- Rules Engine
- Log Monitoring and Management
- Spring Framework
- XACML, SAML and/or WS-Security
- Performance testing and analysis
- Experience working in a DoD environment
This position description represents a summary of the major components and requirements of the outlined job. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned or required as business needs dictate. Questions regarding this description should immediately be addressed to the department manager or to Human Resources.
- Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, reaching, lifting (up to 30 pounds), and standing; occasional prolonged sitting
- Ability to speak, read, hear and write, with or without assistance
- Ability to use phone and computer systems, copier, fax and other office equipment
Our mission is to enable people and organizations to achieve their full potential.
As a professional services organization our mission is focused on our clients’ people and organizations. It is our company’s cornerstone belief that we will not lead the industry in assisting our clients unless we excel at helping our own people and teams reach their full potential.
Our corporate culture encourages personal and professional growth because LCE’s success depends on the talent, professionalism and commitment of its employees. LCE is a strengths-based organization focused on turning individual talents into strengths and then turning individual strengths into organizational performance that supports our clients’ success.
*Benefits may vary by business unit & location. http://www.lce.com/Employee_Benefits_358.html
- Free Medical/Dental/Vision for Employees, with affordable plans for the whole family.
- Free Employee Life and Disability Insurance, with supplemental coverage options available.
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Benefit Account options
- Company matched 401K & company funded Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, & Sick Leave
- Continuing Education & Professional Development Programs at all levels
- Flexible Schedules & Relaxed Dress code
- Employer sponsored events, social collaboration, and open communication
- Free access to an extensive online training library, including certification prep
- Bonus Program for outstanding contributions, Employee Referral Program, numerous Recognition Opportunities, and more…
Life Cycle Engineering - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard