Develops, maintains, and supports software applications.
This position reports directly to an IT Software Development Supervisor.
1. Involved in software implementation, including coding, testing and integration, documentation, maintenance, and 3 rd level customer support.
2. Adhere to ARUP’s established software life cycle standards.
3. Participate in source code reviews.
4. Perform technical writing duties related to the documentation of software applications.
5. Perform quality assurance duties related to software products, including unit testing and system functionality testing.
6. Develop expertise in ARUP’s evolving software development tools and environments.
7. Participate in continuing education activities in order to improve development skills and stay informed about new ideas and advances in technology that may impact software development efforts at ARUP.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer related major, or
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) plus two (2) years of related experience.
Physical and other requirements :
- Classroom or three months on-the-job experience using software development languages and tools related to development environments utilized at ARUP.
The Programmer job will have a preferrence for experience with Delphi and C# .NET experience.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to work long hours and take call as needed.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extensive periods of time.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal.
- Fine motor coordination.
- Involves judgment in planning work, assessing results, solving problems, and taking or recommending action.
- Ability to organize work, to meet deadlines and to work under stressful condition.
- Continual assessment of current literature.
- Must demonstrate analytical and programming skills.
- Must demonstrate oral and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate professional demeanor, in personal appearance and behavior, in all work-related interactions inside and outside of the place of employment.
- Must possess a high reputation for integrity and honesty in relationships.
ARUP Laboratories - 2 years ago
The good folks at ARUP Laboratories don't grow pale at the sight of blood. The clinical reference lab performs tens of thousands...