Discover's Corporate Risk Management Group ("CRM") is seeking an Operational Risk Analyst to join its Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) – Analytics and Reporting team. This is a pivotal role in the Analytics & Reporting team responsible for managing and enhancing processes related to calculation of inputs to the economic capital process.
• Development of a structured process to calculate inputs to the Operational risk economic capital model. This activity may include the development of statistical and analytical approaches to increase robustness of the current process and includes ownership of final data that is input in the economic capital process
• Analyze operational risk economic capital inputs to develop methodologies/tools to improve measurement of operational risk profile
• Coordination of the process as it relates to other risk identification processes in the Company such as Risk and Control Self Assessment (RCSA), Scenario Analysis etc.
• Management of relationships across stakeholders in Corporate Risk Management, Treasury and other business areas
• Planning of process redesign efforts, including evaluating solutions
• Maintenance of accurate process documentation; creating reports and presentations as needed
• Development of new, uncharted processes
• Continued learning in the space of Basel requirements and industry best practices
• Participate in other risk-related projects on an as-needed basis.
• Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field with 3 – 5 years of relevant experience in financial services industry
• Excellent organizational and project management skills, with a proven ability to meet deadlines
• Strong problem-solving capabilities; solid analytical, interpersonal and written and oral communication skills; and an ability to balance independent project work with cross-departmental responsibilities
• At least 1 year of direct experience in a quantitative role related to calculation of operational risk economic capital
• MS Office Proficiency with emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint, and Access;
• Master’s degree in a quantitative field
Discover Financial Services - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Seems cardholders aren't the only ones getting paid to discover. Discover Financial Services is best known for issuing Discover-brand credit...