POSITION PURPOSE The purpose of this position is to deliver outstanding service to our Insurance Team by supporting the efficient and effective delivery of insurance services to Badgerland customers. The incumbent will provide first-level customer service, insurance processing and documentation assistance. Assures that needs of customer (internal & external) are met personally or through other team members.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE This position prefers a two year associate degree or similar work experience and two to three years of related business experience. Knowledge of insurance programs and products offered is preferred. The incumbent may be licensed to sell these products. Must be able to utilize computer technology and software applications. Demonstrated organizational/administrative skills and solid oral and written communication skills are required.
DIMENSION AND DECISION MAKING This position has no direct reports. This position reports to an Insurance Team Lead/Processing Manager. The position operates within a branch office to support our entire territory. The incumbent provides input in established goals, objectives, and procedures which contribute to the quality, timeliness and profitability of products and services.
Work requires the planning of own time, scheduling of details, selection of daily office procedures, and determining how to best assemble or collect information. Incumbent is expected to follow established policies, procedures, and standard instructions which usually provide some latitude to consider various methods in completing tasks. Questionable matters are to be referred to the supervisor. Work involves constant opportunity for error, personally accountability and attention is key to this roles success. Such errors, if undetected, have an impact on customer satisfaction and team effectiveness. MAJOR CHALLENGES The incumbent is challenged to be aware of and meet the needs of the customer (internal & external) at all times. The incumbent is further challenged to balance the workload to meet aggressive timeliness and remain responsive to the teams’ needs and expectations. The position requires good technical knowledge of office procedures, data entry, insurance processing and support systems procedures, and the ability to utilize a multitude of computer technologies and applications. The incumbent is expected to recommend changes to procedures and practices that would improve productivity and customer satisfaction. The incumbent is further challenged to work very closely with all service delivery team members to effectively meet all customer needs.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CONTACTS The incumbent has daily contact with Badgerland staff and frequent contact with insurance companies, external customers, and other related personnel including insurance adjusters, insurance underwriters. Additional interactions with professionals in the agribusiness community and other Associations on occasion.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Maintain the customer relationship management and document management software to track sales, claims, settlements, cancellations, and premiums; process mailings, newsletters, acreage reports, and production certifications in support of the sales & service process. (50%)
2. Accurately and efficiently key insurance data into multiple external insurance company databases. (30%)
3. Support the CI Team in meeting insurance sales goals by assisting with sales and service needs of Badgerland products and services to new and existing customers. (25%)
4. Develop and maintain expertise in insurance products available through Badgerland. (5%)
5. Communicate clearly to customers how risk management products and optional coverage's meet their particular needs and package Badgerland’s products that satisfy those specific customer needs. (5%)
6. Enhance Badgerland’s image and reputation as a responsive, professional, quality provider of risk management services through positive member and public relations and effective, efficient customer service. (5%)
7. Provide backup coverage for Customer Service Specialist (CSS) staff which includes but is not limited to answering the phone, greeting customers, collections and distributing mail. (5%)
Farm Credit Network - 18 months ago