We are currently seeking a Full-time Registered Nurse to provide services to our patients at the Two Bridges Regional Jail located in Wiscasset, Maine.
A Registered Nurse is responsible for assisting in the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Under the supervision of the Charge Nurse(s), directs and guides patient teaching and activities that commensurate with his/her education and demonstrated competencies.
Shift: Full-Time, Days (40 hrs/wk)
Location: Two Bridges Regional Jail, Wiscasset, Maine
- Under supervision of a Charge Nurse, assists in the assessment of the physical, psychological and social dimensions of patients in the Health Care Unit and, as necessary, in the housing units.
- Assists in planning an individual treatment program by using available resources in planning care, and consults with Charge Nurse(s), DON and other staff as appropriate while applying knowledge and resources in planning care and patient teaching.
- Implements individualized treatment programs as directed by the Health Care Practitioner.
- Count controlled substances, syringes, needles and sharps at the beginning of each shift with another staff member and sign count logs.
- Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols. Intervenes with proper safety techniques, procedures and standard precautions.
Education: Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
Experience: Prefer a minimum of one (1) year clinic experience
Licenses/Certifications: Have and maintain current licensure as a Registered Nurse within the state. Must be able to obtain and maintain CPR certification
CCS is an EEO Employer