Position Purpose -
Under general supervision, supports and delivers information technology, providing quality, cost-effective and timely solutions.
This position will be filled at the level according to the candidate's experience and education level:
Programmer/Analyst - Intermediate
Programmer/Analyst - Senior
Programmer/Analyst - Specialist
For immediate position consideration, please apply online: www.lge-ku.com/careers
Major Accountabilities -
• Approaches position with a team attitude. Accepts and extends assistance from/to teammates and business partners. Supports team and department initiatives.
• Conducts oneself in a professional manner.
• Provides appropriate, timely feedback to peers, management, clients and others.
• Meets deadlines for routine administrative tasks such as status reports and time entry without supervision.
• Effectively communicates with clients, peers and departmental management in business matters inclusive of those with technical content. Blends technical and non-technical perspectives in verbal and written communications, focusing on the underlying business benefit and/or impact of proposed action.
• Follows IT Service Management processes.
• Provides project management for small projects. Balances timing, resource and client constraints.
• Handles quality assurance review of the projects assigned.
• Interacts with internal clients to determine functional requirements or operating concerns at a conceptual level. Coordinates with more experienced personnel to fully outline needed steps to achieve desired results.
• Participates in a variety of departmental and corporate activities designed to enhance the incumbent's knowledge of automation, communication, computing concepts, new technologies and the business.
• Assists in the development of user instructions, training procedures and other support requirements.
• Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
• Designs, codes, tests, debugs documents and maintains moderately complex programs.
• Contributes in technical evaluations involving various hardware and software systems. Addresses routine applications fairly independently.
• Works on most phases of applications systems analysis and programming. Requires instruction and assistance on more complex tasks.
• Assists in the development of business analyses or feasibility studies associated with technology initiatives. Participates in the development and implementation of programs intended to strengthen internal controls or improve client service and/or support.
• Prepares and maintains system documentation.
Recommended Education/Experience -
Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline with three or more years of work experience.
Special Qualifications -
City of Louisville, KY - 19 months ago