Technical test tasks including database structure and verification, detailed performance testing, application testing, and special projects related to data conversion.
- Technical test tasks require detailed understanding of standard SQL related to data validation and conversions using relational DB (Vertica 3-4.x) to house data.
- Write SQL using testing scenarios and understanding the output including errors and data.
- Apply HTML(4) and XML technologies to validate data forms and structures within the LEM application for interaction with the manager appliance.
- Use vSphere (4.x-5.x) and VMware (ESX) to test in the virtual environment.
- Setup and maintain lab environment so test cases can be executed in a repeatable and defined way.
- Plan, write, execute and verify test cases as part of the overall scope of work.
- Scripting to increase efficiency and utilizing MS Excel for modeling various test scenarios with the ability to code macros with multiple data sources for data modeling and warehousing.
- Connect databases using JDBC and ODBC for troubleshooting and testing.
- Read Regex expressions for troubleshooting and evaluating New Connectors.
Education/experience: Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and three (3) years of experience as systems engineer, software developer/engineer, tester, IT analyst or related technical role.
Special Requirements: Software Development Life Cycle and the ability to apply principles to development and testing organization utilizing Agile methodologies; SQL, HTML(4) and XML technologies; Programming experience with BASH, and C; and troubleshooting LEM legacy products in Postgres database environment.
SolarWinds is an equal opportunity employer.
SolarWinds - 19 months ago
Since our founding in 1999, SolarWinds’ (NYSE: SWI) mission has been to provide products that are designed to make IT...