Technology Team Leader - Geismar, LA-1300312
BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
To provide leadership that enhances technology in Utilities, Wastewater Treatment and Site Infrastructure at the Geismar site, while pursuing continuous improvement and developing the best team in the industry.
- Develop high performance teams that deliver positive results related to the enhancement of ideas generated by the technology team.
- Ensure the development and implementation of new innovations in production, cost, quality, safety and people.
- Mentor the development of the culture of innovation and growth within design technology.
- Accountable for identifying and implementing best in class process technology.
- Develop and share knowledge base of internal technology and external (competitor) technology. Use this base to seek out opportunities for improvement.
- Perform the traditional management roles associated with leading a group.
- Responsible for maintaining unit process safety documentation, automation strategy and capital manufacturing representative responsibilities.
- Entrepreneurial Action
- Strategic Thinking
- Communication & Interpersonal Understanding
- Customer Focus
- Work Management
- Organizational Awareness
- Leading Employees to Success
- Business & Financial Acumen
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
BS Degree in Engineering or another technical discipline required. Preferably in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry. Masters or MBA desirable. Minimum 10+ years of experience in a chemical/petrochemical or other similar manufacturing environment. Experience with Utilities (steam boilers, air compressors, demineralized water units, cooling towers) and Wastewater Treatment Plant operations required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team (i.e. lead process engineer, manufacturing representative, lead process optimization, etc. is required.
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.
**BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Primary Location: United States-Louisiana-Geismar
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: NCG-Geismar Site
BASF - 2 years ago