As a Consumer Loan Processing Specialist, you are responsible for confirming loan terms; gathering and clearing loan conditions; and scheduling, coordinating and completing loan closings in a timely manner for the processing and funding of personal loans (open and closed ended) and vehicle loan applications. You will accomplish this by:
Initiating timely contact with member upon loan approval, relaying approval terms and conditions, communicating processing methods and confirming closing expectations.
Answering members’ inquiries regarding loan stipulations, rates, policies, payment methods, collateral valuations, pay-off procedures, and all other information necessary to ensure smooth facilitation of loan closings.
Following up with members regularly via multiple contact methods (work, home, and cell phone, e-mail, fax, etc) on a personal pipeline of loans and notating adequate electronic records to file on all member communications engaged in on all loan applications and being available on the phone queue .
Gathering and clearing documentation to meet FMCU quality standards relative to membership, contracts, income, insurance, registration, collateral, and titling. Regularly monitoring Right Fax, Central Processing and personal e-mail folders and ensures prompt handling and response to all incoming electronic communications.
Confirming that proper pricing and eligible discounts are accurately communicated to member and applied to transaction. Cross-selling related products such as GAP, MMP, and CL/CD; sharing details regarding current loan promotions and other credit union products and services.
Preparing accurate disclosures and loan closing documents including notes, security agreements, and drafting instruction when applicable; ensuring secure transmission of all confidential documentation and information.
Coordinating loan closings with members and internal branch operations staff via multiple methods including in-person, mail, fax, e-mail, e-Sign. Following up to ensure all required documentation is executed and delivered in a timely and accurate fashion meeting prior to and post funding requirements.
Obtaining accurate payoff information, preparing payoff checks and completing wire instructions, communicating and accounting for proper collection of accounting of required fees, and performing general ledger disbursements of loan funds.
Consistently communicating in a highly professional manner, acting with a high regard for member needs, and promoting a sense of urgency with internal and external members in all lending and other service issues.
Promoting and maintaining informative, supportive, and courteous working relationships with cross-functional internal members, including Loan Officers, Loan Sales Specialists, Account Specialists, and Branch Operations personnel.
Exhibiting FMCU Teamwork values in all interactions, adhering to FMCU attendance policies and scheduling requirements of the position, regularly engaging in self-development activities, remaining flexible in task assignments, and performing all other duties as assigned.
Must be flexible to work Monday through Friday, and rotating Saturdays.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Prior experience in processing of personal and vehicle loan applications strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of vehicle purchase, registration, insurance, titling and valuation methods.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, high demand, and highly member service-oriented environment.
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure and to adapt quickly to changing work priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize multiple assignments and tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, a detailed oriented and sales mentality, and a proven ability to develop proficiency in the use of technology systems to perform job functions.
- Evidences a high level of self-initiative and self-reliance, with ability to interact professionally and with a can-do attitude with all levels of internal and external members to accomplish performance objectives and exceed members’ expectations.