AFL provides industry-leading products and services to the electric utility, broadband, communications, OEM, enterprise, wireless and transit rail markets as well as the emerging markets of oil and gas, mining, nuclear, avionics, medical, renewable and intelligent grid. The company's diverse product portfolio includes fiber optic cable, transmission and substation accessories, outside plant equipment, connectors, fusion splicers, test equipment and training. AFL's service portfolio includes market-leading positions with the foremost communications companies supporting inside plant central office, EF&I, outside plant, enterprise and wireless areas.
Founded in 1984, AFL is proud to offer engineering expertise, exceptional products and reliable service that help our customers improve their critical and electrical infrastructure. AFL has operations in the U.S., Mexico, Europe and Asia. The company is headquartered in Duncan, SC, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fujikura Ltd. of Japan.
The Corporate Controller reports to the Vice President of Finance /CFO and may be assigned to different projects as business needs dictate. The position is located at our Duncan, SC corporate office.
The primary responsibility of the Corporate Controller is to design, develop, implement and oversee financial policies and procedures of America Fujikura Ltd. This covers all AFL locations and subsidiaries with annual revenue exceeding $1 Billion.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for consolidated monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting to Fujikura Ltd.
- Error checking of reported business unit financial information
- Approve and release cash transfers and disbursements
- Prepare external financial statements including footnotes for external audit review
- Review and Analysis of corporate financial information
- Perform acquisition due diligence and integration as required
- Experience in developing, implementing, and maintaining, general accounting and financial controls and compliance
- Ensure that all financial transactions and reports are completed according to GAAP and corporate policy
- Administer companywide fixed asset controls
- Accounting for non-routine corporate transactions
- Responsible for corporate risk management program
- Coordinate annual audit and tax return preparation
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with individuals in various functional areas and different levels of the organization from clerical to corporate executives.
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis in support of business decision making as needed
GAAP and SOX (Acquisition accounting is a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required. CPA or MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in accounting
- Minimum 5 years management experience
- Working knowledge and experience to include:
Federal, state and local laws codes and regulations
Budget preparation and analysis techniques
Effectively managing and leading staff, delegating tasks and authority
Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects, and demands
Analyzing and evaluating accounting and internal control methods and financial reports
Operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications
- Strong analytical skills and financial forecasting ability is required
- International experience is a plus
- Oracle experience is a plus
Apply To This Job