As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Customer looking for an extremely talented hands-on Windows Systems Engineer/Administrator to coordinate and execute technical activities with data center infrastructure management. The selected candidate will lead, manage, maintain and operate our physical and virtual servers and other infrastructure components that support complex applications within the Customer. This is a challenging job within a highly visible organization focused on real-world activities. This job requires a complete array of expert-level system administration skills, including but not limited to server clustering, SAN storage management, LDAP, scripting, backup, and other related supporting skills.
The candidate should be adept at assessing systems-related problems, and be proficient in developing concrete action plans to achieve greater efficiencies and meet strategic goals. This job requires both a hands-on/tactical approach as well as a strategic optic, from analyzing business needs at the project level to providing advice and counsel at the strategic level to review boards, and to senior-level managers on systems infrastructure capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
The person selected will be expected to provide analysis and recommendations on the organization's infrastructure and internal processes to help support the group chief's architectural strategy, technology migration, integration and evolution toward the parent organization's strategic goals. The person selected will be expected to perform effectively as a corporate resource at varying levels in the organization depending on the mission needs, including working with appropriate parties to resolve discrepancies between proposed IT systems and enterprise quality and security standards. The selected candidate will also be expected to document and maintain configuration information of the organization's system infrastructure.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
- Experience configuring, maintaining, integrating, and clustering and managing physical and virtual servers in a deployment, test, and production environment.
- Competent in Windows Active Directory Server administration.
- Fundamentally STRONG networking concepts.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and software engineering skills.
- Strong teaming skills and the ability to collaborate within a cross-functional team. This includes excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to explain technical issues clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with integrating diverse physical and virtual servers, network storage devices and other infrastructure components within complex architectures.
- Experience with integrating servers with diverse operating systems and other infrastructure components into a viable solution.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to changing priorities.
- Efficient in Windows Server 2003 & 2008 R2
- Efficient in data backup technologies (Arcserver & Symantec Netbackup)
- Experience with Citrix and or VMware ESXi server virtualization
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...