The Business Development Executive is responsible for establishing, implementing, and managing new business relationships with brokers, travel agents, tour operators, and other entities that are engaged in the sale of travel insurance products.
A practical understanding of the travel insurance market is important for evaluating new business opportunities and managing the priorities of existing business relationships.
- Set sales goals that are measureable and time-bound, and define strategy to achieve the goals.
Manage the proposal development process and maintain the time-lines for the proposal teams.
- Develop draft proposals based on team meetings and discussions.
- Manage the maintenance of the Business Development databases.
- Support business development activities, including attending trade shows, and client stewardship meetings.
- Work closely with Operations to design, implement, analyze and deploy new business processes.
- Manage partner relationships to increase business and identify new opportunities for company partnerships.
- Track all business development activities, analyze quarterly progress and suggest new strategies based on findings.
- Work alongside Sales Reps and Producers to ensure specified territory is managed and effectively run and train sales team on affiliate relationships in each territory.
- Build and maintain successful relationships with partners.
- Expand market intelligence of Travel Insurance Services industry to drive business.
- Oversee workflows for partner accounts, manages partner communications for territory and resolves escalated issues or questions from partners.
USI Holdings Corporation - 17 months ago