1. Sr Software Developer/Engineer ( medical, $6BB, design, programmer, C++, OOP, ITK/VTK, image, algorithms/applications, OpenGL, API) (permanent)
Permanent Sr Software Developer/ Engineer position. Great company! Stable, $6 billion, no layoffs, medical devices, interesting products, state of art facility, equipment, processes. Excellent pkg, annual bonuses, great benefits, relo pkg, etc.
JOB DESCRIPTION –
Work in close collaboration with other software team members to generate requirement, design, and test specification documents, implement and modify software modules, algorithms, features, and unit tests, improve quality/versatility/robustness of software code and design, and help evolve the overall software system architecture.
- Perform analysis and design for program changes to gain an understanding of application changes.
- Provide time estimates for development tasks to aid in scheduling and monitoring progress against task estimates to provide status.
- Complete program changes to translate specifications and / or requirements into code.
- Apply application specific technical skills (i.e. specifications, program changes, unit test scripts, documentation, etc.).
- Acquire and utilize basic business knowledge to support the applications.
- Recognize code inefficiencies and make suggestions for improvements.
- Provide documentation to support program changes.
- Plan, document, and execute unit test plans to ensure all code changes meet requirements / specifications.
- Support programming changes during quality assurance, user acceptance testing, and post implementation to ensure integrity of application.
- Comply with and contribute to standards and procedures to ensure development consistency (e.g. programming standards, change management, version control).
PREFERRED SKILLS (NOT MANDATORY):
- BS or higher degree in computer-related field, with emphasis on Software Engineering
- Expertise in C++ and demonstrated Object-Oriented or Component-Driven design skills, preferably on Microsoft platforms
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, with emphasis on application or algorithm development under quality control (Senior Level)
- Medical application or medical device development experience
- Experience with image segmentation and registration techniques, e.g. using ITK
- Familiarity with solid geometry processing, e.g. using VTK
- Familiarity with OpenGL (or any other 3D graphics API), and knowledge of mathematical techniques involved with 3D graphics, desirable
- Experience with DICOM image formats and parsing APIs, beneficial but not mandatory
- Familiarity with XML, beneficial but not mandatory