Notice of Vacancy
The City of Fountain is accepting applications for the position of GIS Manager.
Thursday October 4, 2012
Job Title: Geographic Information System Manager
Department: Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
Hourly Rate of Pay: $59,663 - $74,578 Depending on Work Related Experience, Education an Qualifications
Position Type: Full-time Position – Benefits Eligible
Closing Date: Friday October 26, 2012 @ 5:00 PM
Submit a City of Fountain General Government Employment Application available on the City’s website, www.fountaincolorado.org, along with your resume and proof of required experience and certification, to City of Fountain, Human Resources Dept., 116 S. Main Street, 2nd Floor, Fountain, CO 80817. Applications/Resumes are also accepted via FAX Number (719) 322-4902. EOE/AA/ADA
The City of Fountain is accepting applications for the position of Geographic Information System Manager. City of Fountain employment application must be completed, resumes submitted without an application will not be considered.
This position is responsible for the direction, supervision, support, and development of the City’s
Geographic Information System (GIS) to meet the needs of current and future City of Fountain Utilities and projects. Responsible for setting direction of database design and administration issues of a GIS to meet the needs of the future.
Position is responsible for providing leadership and supervision to staff and projects, developing operational strategy and maintaining GIS technologies for all utility and general government departments. Responsible for planning and budgeting GIS hardware and software for meeting current and future needs.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Geographical Information or a related field with computer emphasis required. Master degree in science from an accredited university is desirable.
- Project implementation experience in water and electric utility environments required.
- Ten years of experience in one or more of the following areas required.
Computer Science, Geographical Information or a related field.
- Technical experience implementing or using ArcGIS, ArcSDE, ArcFM or related components required.
- Managing projects involving integration between enterprise software products.
- GIS Professional Certification or equivalent, Colorado driver’s license
See Job Description for complete detail of this position
Application Process: Qualified professional must submit a General Government Employment Application, Resume and Cover Letter outlining qualifications and position interest. Selected applicants will participate in oral interview, selected finalist will undergo pre-employment background investigation.