Stein Mart is currently seeking a fun, fashionable and friendly person to join our Store Team as a Merchandising Manager. We are looking for someone to develop a strong customer focus, manage and present merchandise in a specified area, manage workflow and allocate resources, assist with selecting, supervising and developing staff, and serve as a Manager on Duty.
- Model a positive customer service spirit, providing customer service and model superior service techniques for Associates.
- Ensure high quality area presentation to maintain an appealing store area; optimize selling space and maximize selling potential.
- Utilize Stein Mart's merchandising guidelines and directives to create inviting merchandise displays and manage the merchandise.
- Organize department workflow by managing and assigning tasks
- Supervise and coordinating activities for specified area.
- Provide information and communicate effectively.
- Build relationships that foster a healthy team environment.
- Make informed decisions.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of Stein Mart's policies and procedures.
- Partner with the Store Management Team to interview, select and hire Associates.
- Utilize Stein Mart training and development resources to develop job skills and provide information to help others learn;
- Contribute to creating a safe and secure store environment;
- Serve as a Manager on Duty by providing store leadership during a closing shift.
- High school graduate or equivalent (GED), Associates degree preferred.
- 2 to 4 years applicable customer service work experience.
- Minimum 1 year experience supervising in a multi-department environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in merchandising skills.
- Possess strong numeric reasoning skills (i.e., proficiency in adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and calculating percentages.
- Computer keyboard knowledge and experience using a computer in a Windows environment.
- Strong interest and desire working with people.
- Results oriented; demonstrated ability to follow through, make informed decisions, complete tasks and problem solve.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to assume a leadership role in a supervisory capacity.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Moderate physical effort required; Standing and walking will constitute 95% or more of a work shift.
- Ability to relocate.
Stein Mart's style is to operate department-like stores that feature discount prices. With some 260 shops in some 30 states, it sells...