The Vice President of Operations reports to the President & CEO leading a team of 20 employees and managing an $1.9 million budget. Member of Senior Leadership; collaborates closely with the CFO, Vice President of Programs, and Vice President of Development, to set the strategic and operational direction of the organization. Build relationships with peer organizations nationally and represents Mid-South Food Bank to its customers and community and business partners.
The MSFB seeks a talented leader to serve as its Vice President of Operations. Major responsibilities include the following:
Skills and Abilities
- Ensure the delivery of quality, cost effective services to meet the needs of Mid-South residents.
- Lead the planning for distribution services including receiving, storing, shipping, handling returned/and or damaged goods, maintenance, and other administrative services.
- Manage warehouse budget complying with all program reporting requirements and ensuring solid fiscal stewardship.
- Engage in short and long range business planning to drive the strategic/operational direction of the warehouse. Prepare and manage program and required ad hoc reports.
- Maintain the facilities and equipment in an appropriate manner to ensure proper working conditions.
- Effectively implement safety, security, housekeeping, and sanitation programs.
- Provide strong leadership to attain efficiencies and effectiveness in warehouse/fleet management operations and to meet balanced scorecard goals.
- Set the tone for the organization, modeling the Center’s values, behaviors, and strengthening the organization’s culture.
Education and Experience
- Leadership – is capable of creating and realizing a vision for the future of the Center. Must be an attuned leader with financial management experience combined with ability to motivate and lead employees. Understands and engages in capacity building.
- Planning and Organizing – proven planning, organizing, and execution skills coupled with solid business acumen.
- Problem Analysis/Problem Solving –a proactive problem solver with ability to anticipate potential problems by conducting a thorough analysis, assessing risks, and developing plans of action to mitigate outcomes.
- Innovative –is able to think in third alternatives for new solutions. An avid reader who is a thought leader. Committed to growth and personal development for self and the team.
- Servant Leader –leads by example. Embraces the mission and is able to translate it daily through the work of the team. Acts ethically with integrity and is professional, open minded, a collaborator, and a good communicator.
- BA with 5 – 7 years of progressive leadership experience in warehouse/logistics environment. MBA preferred.
- Possess broad knowledge of warehouse and proven expertise developing and implementing plans to achieve bottom line results.
- Knowledge of DOT, OSHA, Fleet Management requirements required. AIB experience a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and inventory management software required.
Feeding America - 2 years ago
Mid-South Food Bank is an independent, nondenominational 501(c)(3) Tennessee corporation founded in 1981 Mid-South Food Bank is a member of...