Internships: Any Internship
2013 Spring/Summer-Research Intern - Major League Soccer (New York, NY)
All MLS/SUM Internship Program participants must be 18 years old or older and either a college student (sophomore status or higher preferred), graduate student, or have graduated within two years of their acceptance into the program.
Major League Soccer
Job Title: MLS Market Research Intern
Department(s): Strategic Planning & Research
Reports To: Director of Research
Employees Managing Directly: N/A
Duration: February 2013-August 2, 2013
Additional Employees in Department(s):
Vice President, Strategic Planning and Research
CRM & Fan Engagement Leader
• Closely monitor television ratings and demographic performance for professional soccer utilizing Nielsen Media Research and syndicated reports.
• Interact with all levels in response to client specific requests while supporting Director of Research with more detailed research analyses.
• Compose written sales support materials and positioning pieces of Major League Soccer’s performance versus competing properties.
• Develop sales positioning one-sheets based on syndicated research data
• Participate in strategy discussions in developing new research strategies
• Assist with any other duties required within Strategic Planning & Research department
• Assist with the reporting and analytical needs of other departments within MLS
• Other duties as assigned
• 4 year college degree - Marketing, Business, or Communications programs preferred
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in busy environment.
• Strong oral and written communication skills necessary
• Excellent analytical skills
• Attention to detail a MUST
• Capable of working proactively with multiple departments to achieve results
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel
• Knowledge of Nielsen ratings and ESPN Sports Poll a plus
• Natural curiosity about consumer behavior
Apply for this position
MLS - 13 months ago