MillerCoors is built upon a foundation of more than 288 years of brewing heritage. It is a legacy driven by our founders to brew the highest quality beers, and a commitment that continues today. Our vision is to create America's best beer company by driving profitable growth. And we insist on building our brands the right way through quality brewing, responsible marketing, and a commitment to sustainable development and community investments. We're building a true team of highly talented people. People who are passionate about the beer business, who love to win and have a desire to learn, and who always aim to amaze customers by doing the little things that make a big difference. |
Posting Job Description
Leads coaches and motivates an operational team to ensure high quality products are produced safely and cost effectively through maximizing operational efficiency and continuous improvement of a process or system. Leverages MillerCoors Manufacturing Way principles and best work practices which contribute to world class standards of operation through monitoring and evaluating Safety, People, Quality, Service, Cost and Responsibility (SPQSCR) to continuously improve performance.
Builds and develops a team of technicians in the areas of technical and leadership capability. Develops team members to lead and manage and make sound decisions in all performance aspects of day-to-day operations.
Is responsible for adhering to all rules, regulations, policies, programs and related MillerCoors Quality Management System including Safe Quality Food (SQF), Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Good manufacturing practice (GMP) to ensure safety and quality of MillerCoors products.
Leads and coaches a 24-hour operation of a functional area with limited to no managerial support on off-shifts or leads a large team of employees (e.g. warehouse).
Education level / Experience
- BS or BA in engineering/technical degree or equivalent experience; advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience preferred in various technical aspects of utilities, boilers, refrigeration, and facilities. Experience in energy usage reduction and project management preferred.
Skills / Knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of the interrelationships between the Brewing, Packaging, Supply Chain, Quality Services, and Maintenance departments as it relates to the product movement and production scheduling.
- Understands and is able to apply the principles and practices of World Class Manufacturing and the MillerCoors Manufacturing Way.
- Proficient in the use of situational and systemic problem solving methodologies (5 Why’s, FFA’s, RCA’s, etc.)
- Good planning and organizing skills.
- Business acumen and basic strategic thinking to anticipate and respond to future needs of the organization.
- Ability to analyze data and recognize detrimental trends that could impact the company through increased costs, potential regulatory issues or risk management impact.
- Understanding of the budgeting process and basic financial metrics.
- Knowledge and demonstrated capability of SAP.
- Experience with operation of high speed packaging equipment, including awareness of Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) and Condition-Based Maintenance (CBM) routines and practices.
- Awareness of OSHA regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices, State Agricultural practices/policies, TTB regulations, plant safety regulations, FDA guidelines for food plant operations and environmental regulations regarding manufacturing brewery operations.
- Possesses basic machinery/system technical troubleshooting skills and knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems. Understands planning and scheduling techniques associated with asset care management.
- Able to effectively lead a diverse workforce composed of production and maintenance personnel establishing production priorities based on current demands.
- Exhibits the flexibility needed to respond to frequent changes in production requirements and/or systems and equipment failures.
- Familiarity with process control systems, computerized data logging systems and production database operations, mechanical systems dynamics and basic electrical systems. This includes the components of the various systems such as pumps, valves, timers, relays, drives, fans, etc.
- Basic knowledge of and ability to administer the provisions of labor contracts pertinent to those personnel assigned from the various bargaining units.
- Thorough practical and theoretical knowledge of operation, asset care, and administration of utilities, boilers, engines, CO2 systems, ammonia refrigeration, electrical distribution, and water systems.