Category: Full-time, nonexempt
Under the direction of the area supervisor, perform fabrication of parts, using drill press, plasma cutter, saws, and other fabrication tools, to be used in the assembly of equipment to create a high quality, finished product. Components may be standardized or customized as to design and function.
- Set-up, adjust and operate drill presses to accurately drill, ream, tap, bore, spot face, etc. on a diversified line of metal work, having fairly close tolerances. Set-ups may involve aligning and securing of regular shaped work pieces.
- Select speeds and feeds, tooling and operational sequences, align and secure jogs and fixtures.
- Sharpen drills to meet marrying materials and conditions.
- Work from drawings and specifications; use micrometers, depth gauge, fixed gauges, etc. incidental to operations.
- Use of hoists, pallet jacks and forklift to move fabrication parts
- Perform work in adherence with quality standards
- Perform as-needed modifications on outgoing and internal equipment
- Practice safe work habits, following safety guidelines with respect to operation and personal safety gear, and support company safety initiatives
- Assist in other work areas as needed
- Repair/correction of errors
- Maintaining the cleanliness of work area
- Participation in training sessions
- Assist in training of coworkers
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent and an understanding of machining fundamentals
- One year experience working with fabrication machines, specifically drill press and cold saw. Plasma cutting experience also required.
- Ability to read blue prints and tape measure by 1/16’s
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to perform tasks involving long periods of standing
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to follow directions and work in a team environment
Special Skills Required/Desired:
- Mechanical aptitude – Required
- Knowledge of operating Drill press grinder, and saws – Required
- Basic math skills – Required
- Ability to read diagrams/prints – Required
- Ability to operate plasma cutter – Required
- Ability to operate a forklift – Desired
- Experience with Inventory Control methods – Desired
- Drill press, grinder, saw, plasma cutter, pneumatic tools, pallet jack, hoists, forklift
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach above shoulders; stoop, kneel, and crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Magnum Products LLC - 22 months ago
Magnum delivers through customer service. If a customer has a specific need that accompanies any item in its product line, Magnum's...