The Senior Marketing Analyst serves as an internal consultant for the marketing group by providing insights to support marketing strategies and business decision-making. This role is ideal for candidates seeking to use advanced data mining techniques to understand key factors driving the business and to use findings to develop actionable business recommendations for senior management.
The ideal candidate has strong business, technical, and data analysis skills that they will apply across projects. The Senior Analyst typically works on multiple projects at one time and will have exposure to management across marketing, finance, product, and technology. Candidates must have advanced experience in data analytics and in using SQL. The Senior Analyst typically has ownership of projects from beginning to end, and must be comfortable with both conducting and presenting analyses.
The position will support all areas of marketing, including customer analytics, e-mail campaign management, e-marketing, promotion strategy and customer education.
- Identify and use appropriate analytical methods to make business recommendations. Methods may include statistical analysis, data mining techniques, or data modeling
- Present recommendations or findings to senior marketing management to guide business decision-making
- Manage customer segmentation; recommend e-mail targeting strategies based on key customer segments and customer behaviors
- Champion CRM efforts from the business perspective; serve as the business lead in defining requirements and needs for the development of a marketing datamart
- Develop internal expertise in marketing data, including customer transaction history, demographics, web behavior, and channels
- Manage analysis and reporting on key marketing performance indicators, including customer heath metrics, promotion results, or campaign results; present insights to management
- Develop predictive models to guide segmentation for CRM campaign development
- Forecast and report on key marketing metrics
- Bachelor's degree with significant coursework in statistics, operations research, mathematics, marketing or finance; top tier undergraduate and/or Master's degree preferred
- 3+ years experience in data mining, data modeling, marketing and customer analytics
- Prior customer analytics or analytical consulting backgrounds preferred
- Advanced SQL experience in data analysis and modeling
- Experience with data management: advanced SQL queries, Excel PivotTables, data warehousing and other related tools
- Strong MS Excel and MS Access skills for use in advanced analysis, forecasting and scenario planning
- Strategic thinker; quick learner; ability to work well in a dynamic environment and execute quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to articulate his/her views convincingly
- Motivated, detail-oriented, and self-directed individual who can understand and complete work with limited direction, willing to put in long hours when necessary
iCIMS Social Distribution
- 3 years ago - save job