Education, Certification & Licenses:|
This position requires knowledge of business management and basic
financial principles that would be acquired through formal education or
2-3 years on-the-job application. Equivalent to a Bachelors degree in
finance, accounting or business management.
Minimum 3 years experience in collections and credit
Supervisory and leadership experience, preferred
Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Interpersonal and leadership skills
Organizational and project management skills
Verbal and written communication skills
Analytical and problem solving skills
The Supervisor, Accounts Receivable is responsible for supervising a
team of financial services representatives and administrative staff to
ensure the accuracy of accounts receivable recordkeeping. This position
supports assigned credit guidelines and corporate metrics that protect
company assets and increase cash flow by ensuring cash receipts, claims,
or unpaid invoices are accounted for properly.
Position Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
1. Supervise the maintenance of accounts receivable records,
including keeping account of cash receipts, claims, and overdue
invoices. May calculate or enter charges for interest, refunds, or
2. Develop plans to direct associates in the accomplishment of
performance goals, monitor work performance, and provide timely feedback
and coaching to team members to guide performance.
3. Measure and evaluate the productivity of associates to achieve
departmental and corporate standards for receivables; collect and
analyze data to ensure that goals are being met.
4. Direct associates to contact customers where follow up is
necessary to successfully handle past due amounts and research customer
service issues that are outstanding and affecting payment of
receivables. Coach associates to take action that will resolve customer
issues and achieve customer satisfaction.
5. Communicate and administer changes in policies and procedures.
6. Approve the placement of bad debt accounts.
7. Ensure proper accounting processes are followed in compliance
with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) controls.
8. Demonstrate the ability to conduct discussions with associates
and customers to resolve disagreements that impact financial
performance. Counsel associates regarding difficult customer contacts
that present conflicts when handling customer receivables.
9. Assist with the recruitment, selection, interviewing and training
10. Interact regularly with people at multiple levels internally and
externally. The information exchanged during these interactions may
range from factual data to information requiring explanation of delays
or decisions requiring persuasive skills and professionalism.
11. Demonstrate a commitment to OfficeMax core values.
12. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be
construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
If you'd like for me to upload, just need to confirm logo..assuming the logo from the careers site, but want to confirm since it is not the...