Must be available Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or an equivalent degree program is preferred, but an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be substituted. Minimum of 12 hours of accounting.
• A minimum or one year of commercial credit analysis experience preferred or completion of a credit training program such as Omega.
• Knowledge of current bank lending procedures and policies, lending regulations (state and federal), lien laws, collection/bankruptcy regulations, and loan documentation preferred.
• Ability to analyze financial statement and loan risk.
• Possess good judgment skills. Ability to make decisions within prescribed guidelines, research and solve problems, handle confidential information and manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to read, write, and speak English.
• Excellent verbal, listening and communication skills. Strong customer relations skills and ability to work with employees and customers in a cooperative manner. Ability and desire to work as part of a team, and with people of diverse backgrounds
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Must be able to work independently, have a great degree of initiative. Willingness to assume additional responsibilities/duties/projects as they arise.
• Ability to operate office equipment including PC’s, calculators, telephones, voice mail, copy and fax machines. Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to drive a vehicle. Must maintain a current, valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record for bank insurance purposes.
This full-time position is located at the South County location for First National Bank.
• Conduct investigation and analysis of routine financial data to facilitate the credit extension decision-making process.
• Use credit reporting services to compile reports regarding the credit history of potential customers.
• Research and analyze financial statements. Interpret findings and prepare reports of financial position and credit worthiness.
• Assist with the preparation and presentation to loan committees or customers. May offer opinions regarding financial strength and credit worthiness of customers.
• Maintain loan documentation files and monitor compliance with terms of loan agreements.
• Conduct a systematic review of commercial loans to determine adequacy of documentation.
• Monitor the financial position of established accounts and brings irregularities to the attention of the Department Manager.
• Review loans that are held for follow-up and recommend appropriate action.
• Ensure thorough knowledge and understanding of compliance and regulatory issues relating to loan policy and procedures evidenced by appropriate application of regulations in day-to-day operations.
• Demonstrate the highest level of professionalism, efficiency and customer service when resolving customer issues.
• Understand and maintain a thorough knowledge of the Bank’s services, operations, and organization; communicate this understanding to others when appropriate, and refer inquiries and correspondence to the proper department or individual.
• Attend and complete all required training.
First National Bank of St. Louis
- 2 years ago - save job