Responsible for planning, coordination and implementation of all facets of GP&L Technology Services Department including Information Technology (IT), Energy Management Systems (EMS), market operations and applications, and communication systems.
Essential Job Functions
Supervise the GP&L Technology Services Department
Oversee systems design and development process, including requirements analysis, feasibility studies, software design, programming, testing, installation, evaluations and operational management
Coordinate vision of the functional requirements and dependencies between the computer systems.
Manage system integration including networking devices, operating systems (server/client), software applications, and normal office applications
Oversee management of the fiber optic communications links, and WAN/LAN/ Wireless infrastructure systems.
Research, analyze and provide direction concerning system purchases, upgrades and installations.
Assist staff in developing a systematic approach for design, implementation and completion of projects..
Manage the GP&L Technology Services Department budget.
Ensure compliance with various protocols, standards and guides (FERC, NERC, ERCOT, and TRE).
Supervise, train and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel.
Preferred Knowledge - Abilities & Skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Master's degree in computer sciences or related field
- 8 years experience in information technology management
Licenses & Certifications
- Knowledge of IT systems and IT management
- Knowledge of WAN, LAN and RTU communications
- Knowledge of RDBMS architectures
- Knowledge of Desktop/Web based Application Design and implementation
- Project management skills
- Ability to effectively manage and motivate a technical team from various disciplines
- Skills in database administration/management
- Ability to analyze and create budget
Valid Class C Texas driver's license
Physical Tasks & Working Conditions
The incumbent works in a typical office environment; relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards.
Driving for Quality Results
Minimum Education & Work Experience
Four-year college degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Systems or Computer Science
6 years experience in power systems operations
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
City of Garland - 13 months ago